Conscious Dance is a body centred practice that invites you into the present moment, opening a pathway to self realization. By turning your awareness inward and tuning into sensation, your thinking mind can find a quiet state, freeing yourself from inner thought and judgement. You are encouraged to move in a way that feels right for you. There is no right and wrong here. Your body is your guide, leading you to sense, feel and discover who you are on a deeper level. This is a journey of somatic discovery, expanding your inner landscape and revealing new and subtle insights. Conscious Dance is a moving meditation that awakens the body, heart and soul!
Here are the foundations of our Conscious Dance Practices:
- Allows for free style, unstructured movement (some modalities have more than others).
- Invites you to move at your own pace and in a way that feels right for you.
- Each class has an invitation that gives focus throughout the session.
- There is an emphasis on sensing the body.
- It acknowledges movement as medicine that can heal you on many levels.
- The dance is most often done barefoot.
- The community is open and inclusive.
“Between the head and feet of any given person is a billion miles of unexplored wilderness.”
~ Gabrielle Roth